Shanghai University’s School of Film-TV, in cooperation with Beijing University’s School of Arts and Institute of Film, TV, Theater, Jinan University’s School of Literature, and Shenzhen University’s Institute of Cultural Industries, will be hosting the Third Global Chinese-Language Cinema Conference on December 14 and 15, 2013. Continuing the tradition established by the previous two conferences held at Jinan University and Beijing University respectively, the Third Global Chinese-Language Cinema will once again examine Chinese-language cinema from a global perspective. This year’s theme is “Chinese-Language Cinema: The Global Flows of Image, Capital, and Culture.” The conference is now actively seeking quality submissions pertinent to the following topics:
- New Landscape and New Development of Chinese Cinema: After the New Agreement between China and the US;
- Current Status, Interaction, and Integration of the Film Industries of Mainland China, Taiwan, and Hong Kong;
- Hollywood and Its Industrial and Cultural Impact on Chinese Cinema;
- Chinese Cinema’s Global Reach and Influence;
- Cross-Border and Transnational/Trans-Regional Flows of Chinese-Language Cinema: From Historical and Comparative Perspectives.
Papers submitted in Chinese and English will be considered, although papers in Chinese are preferred. The conference will be held at Shanghai University on December 14 and 15, 2013. Here are some logistics:
- Day & Time: December 14 and 15, 2013 (registration starts on December 13, which is a Friday)
- Conference Place: International Conference Center, Shanghai University
- Submission Deadline: Nov. 15, 2013
- Submission Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further Contact: email@example.com
- Phone Contact: Mr. Qi Wei, 156-0169-1900
For the detailed description of the forum in Chinese, please download it HERE (PDF). Please do not contact this blogger about the details of the forum. Questions and submissions should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.